6-Pack Post Filter Cups for the Waterwise 4000. Replace every two months or after 60-80 gallons of water processed (whichever comes first).
Carbon post filtration ensures high purity water after the distillation process is completed.
Post filtration is used as a final treatment to effectively remove VOCs (volatile organic compounds). It significantly reduces trihalomethanes, synthetic organic compounds such as pesticides and hydrocarbons, and petrochemical byproducts such as benzene, toluene, and methyl tertiary-butyl ether (MTBE).
Each disposable filter contains Granular, Activated, virgin Carbon (GAC) produced from coconut shell. High temperature steam activation reorders the carbon atoms to produce an extremely porous structure with a much larger surface area. This network of very fine pores is extremely effective at trapping contaminant molecules. The carbon has a typical pH of 8.0-8.5.
- California Prop 65 compliant carbon
- Carbon tested by independent third-party laboratory
- Individually wrapped/sealed
- High quality polypropylene cup—BPA-Free
- Optimal flow-through top dispersion grid
- 24 grams of GAC
- Surface area of over 256,800 sq ft (approx. 5.9 acres)